Error api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll in Windows 11 occurs at the moment when the user tries to launch some application. Here we also note that the wording of exactly what kind of software failure occurred may be completely different: "api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll not found", "api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll missing", "api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll violation of access rights" and much more. But no matter how it was, and the essence does not change from that – the problem takes place and it needs to be solved.
Most often, the culprits in the situation of a software failure are: "pirated systems", damaged internal files, prolonged non-updating of the OS or non-compatibility with other dll files.
In order to solve the problem with the existing error, it is necessary to perform several actions – step by step, each action will eliminate a specific variant of the problem or solve it.
- Now, we need to check the integrity of Windows 11 OS – we will do this automatically by checking and then restoring damaged files, if any. Run the "Command Prompt" with Administrator rights, enter the command "sfc / scannow" and press "Enter" and enter the command "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth" and click on "Enter".
- We are trying to install Visual C++ 2015-2022, which we pre-download from the official website of the developers. Also, please note that in some cases it is not enough to install Visual C++ of a particular year, but you need to install all the years alternately: 2015,2017,2017 and 2022, here we note that you need to install both x86 and x64 packages. It is also important to remember that if you have a version of Visual C++ developed before 2015, you need to delete it, restart the device and only after that, start installing more modern software.
- Deleting the library SHCore.dll . For this action, you need to alternately perform the transition along two paths - C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and C:\Windows\System32 , where exactly are we looking for the file "SHCore.dll " and we remove it. Next, we reboot the OS and check the performance of non-working software.
- It is possible that the error is issued by "DaVinci Resolve", which means that the problems are hidden behind the old video drivers. You need to update the graphics card drivers at the initial stage, if this did not help. Then, using the search tools, we find the "DaVinci Resolve" folder and delete the file from it "OpenCL.dll ". After removal, restart the device and try to run the software again.
- Another step for you that will make it so that the error api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll disappear, maybe the folder "downlevel", it is located in the following paths - C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and C:\Windows\System32 . In general, by default, there should be a file everywhere "api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll ", which, if necessary, can be copied and added to where it does not exist, namely in "SysWOW64" and "System32". Note here that if you don't have a "downlevel" library at all, then you need to create one, since this may also be the cause of your problems.