Let's simulate a situation in which, you are an average PC or laptop user, everything works fine for you, and you use your operating system every day, both for work and for entertainment. That's just one of the days something happens that leads to the fact that your device no longer wants to start, an information window constantly appears in which there is an inscription that it is necessary to "Restore" the system, you are trying to do it and nothing comes out. Then, the "smart" software offers you to reinstall the OS, but even here something goes wrong and it is impossible to finish the installation process to the end. The last option remains - download Windows 11, it wouldn't be anything, but only this hour there are some restrictions on such downloads of "operating systems" that Microsoft has introduced. It turns out that you have encountered a problem, tried to solve it, and not one of the methods proposed by the system itself can not help you with anything. So, you need to resort a little to a different way of downloading the ISO image, which we will tell you about today.
How to download Windows 11 in Russia?
In this situation, you will not have to use incomprehensible VPN services, but it will be enough to use almost a script from MS called "Universal Media Creation Tool".
- The whole download process, which was recently restricted to you, now looks like this: download the archive from the Universal Media Creation Tool from the developers' website by clicking on the "Code" button and selecting "Download ZIP" → perform unzipping.
- Now, we proceed to launch the file "MediaCreationTool.bat", which appeared after the archive was unzipped → you need to wait a bit for everything to load and a small menu showing the versions of Windows operating systems that can be downloaded is displayed. Please note that when you try to download "Windows 10 21H2" errors occur, so it is better to abandon this version of the system.
- Next, you need to choose the action that the script will eventually produce: we recommend choosing "MCT Defaults" in the menu that appears (when choosing other options, failures may occur, but not always) → waiting for the moment when the utility starts loading – Media Creation Tool → and only now, before you will see a window in which you will have to choose one by one in manual mode: the version, the creation of an ISO image or a USB drive, etc. Of course, it is better to perform these actions manually, so that for sure the result is exactly what you want to get.
- In some cases, users choose "Auto ISO", this parameter allows you to authorize the download of the necessary files and forms an ISO image from them → choose the place where the files will be saved and wait for the end of the process. Note that the language will be selected automatically and it all depends on which system you previously installed and which language was in priority in it.
- As an option, also, users choose "Auto USB", which authorizes the creation of a bootable USB media with the selected Windows operating system.
It turns out that downloading Windows 11 from Russia is more than realistic and you do not need to "reinvent the wheel" for this, but it is enough to use a "standard script" with which you can automate everything – which is not always stable, as in the cases of "Auto ISO" and "Auto USB", or everything can be done manually, as with the option - "MCT Defaults", which currently functions a little more stable than its colleagues on the shop floor.
If you have a failure in the Media Creation Tool, do not worry too much, try to repeat everything 1-3 more times, it is possible that there were temporary failures on the Microsoft side or your Internet is not completely stable. Here we repeat that you do not have to use a VPN, everything works fully without it!