If, when starting your computer or laptop, you saw that the error 0x80070005 appeared in Windows 11, which was supplemented with an informational message in the form of "The Windows Audio service could not be started on the local computer", be prepared for the fact that after the final boot of the system, it will not have what kind of soundtrack. More than one sound element in your system will not work, regardless of whether this device was connected before loading the OS or whether you are trying to connect this device after the error notification appears.
How to fix error 0x80070005 in Windows 11?
- In order to solve your problem situation, you need to: right–click on the speaker icon - this icon is located on the "Taskbar" → click on "Troubleshooting" → it remains to wait for the result from the "Diagnostic Wizard for audio devices", which will try to fix the problem associated with the Audio service.
- Run the command line as an administrator → enter four commands alternately, do not forget to press "Enter" after each one:
- sfc /scannow
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
All the above actions authorize the launch of the SFC and DISM tools, which will allow you to check and fix all system files automatically.
- Simultaneously click on - Win+R → use the regedit command, which will allow you to access the registry editor → navigate to the following path - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Audiosrv → hover the mouse cursor over "Audiosrv" and right-click → click on "Permissions..." → "SYSTEM" → "Users" → "Administrators" → check that full access has been opened.
All of the above allows you to activate the Audiosrv process so that it has full rights and can perform the tasks assigned to it 100%. If full access is not active, Audiosrv will not be able to fully start and as a result, you will see the message - The Windows Audio service could not be started on the local computer.
- Simultaneous pressing on Win+R will open the "Run" window → squeak the "services.msc" command → start searching for the "Windows Audio" service, as soon as the service is found, you need to double-click on it → go to the "Login" tab → select "With a system account" → check the box next to "Allow interaction with the desktop" → click on "Ok".
In more than 95% of the cases, the above methods allow you to cope with the occurrence of the problem - error 0x80070005 disappears in Windows 11 and no longer disturb the user device.